Sunday, August 2, 2009

Going out with a bang

As summer is coming to an end we decided we were going to go out with a bang, but I am already exhausted. On Tuesday we went to the pool and met up with Stacy, Emily, Kelly, Hayden, and Carson. The only thing was that the water was freezing. I don't know if you can tell but Emmalee's lips were blue in this picture, yes she was breathing, her poor chin was even shivering. But they all still wanted to keep swimming. Brayden and Carson was in a race to see who could eat the most and stay up the longest.


No, the girls are not in Alice in Wonderland. But, it was quite funny, when I went over to tell them not to throw the pieces down this little girl (probably about 10) came over and asked if she could teach them to play. I told her to go for it, the poor thing had no idea who she was dealing with.

Stacy and Emily came over to play for the morning. I know it would be very hard for most of you to believe but I forgot to get out the camera until they were leaving and I asked the girls to get back into the balls for a picture. When I said a picture that was all they gave me.
I am such a terrible mother. When Emily left Emma was distraught, she did not want me to touch her so...... I took pictures. She stood there and cried and repeated over and over "My Em Lee." Finally, I convinced her to come inside and she stood at the door as if she was going to come right back. Ten minutes later she asked to go take a nap. Do you think she has attachment issues or separation issues? I know she has issues.

After her nap she seemed fine so we decided to torture her some more and go to the fair. She was scared of all the animals except for the horses. Maybe because they were so far away. She was ready to climb out of her stroller the whole time. One positive is that she is much better with her animal noises now.

My little piglets
Watch how she moves from one side of her stroller to the other to get as far away as she can.


Get me out of here.
The whole fair was not like that. She love to see the light and rides, the monkey doing it's tricks, and all the food we consumed. (corn dog, pork tenderloin, ribbon fries with cheese and bacon, funnel cake, taffy, and lemon shake-ups) I don't know why I can't loose weight.

Okay this was a very special moment... Emmalee pooped in the potty for the first time, and daddy was out picking up poop in the yard from the dogs, so she wanted to go take it to him. :)

Saturday Mike and Chad were both out of town. One went to St.Louis to watch a real team play baseball and the other went to Chicago to see a game. Ha Ha!!! So, Stacy and I decided it would be a good idea to do something with the girls to burn some energy. We were going to go swimming but it was not a good day so we decided on a park next to the pool.

Not real sure she wants to go down.

Emily comes and she right back into it. What a little friend peer pressure does for you.

After being there for about 30 minutes it started to rain so what else to do now but.... shop. We went to the mall and bought the girls a new outfit because of course it was on SALE. Then we met up with our friend Nell who is always so good with the kids. She said she would watch them why we got the food. I with a little grin said sure and grabbed my camera because they can be a tough crew. They were all taking their turns and I was ready to document it, but Emmalee outed me taking pictures. No, really she does a great job and I appreciate her courage and ambition to take them on.

We finally had a family visitor. It has been a little over a month since we have had one. Our last one was Uncle Tom at the end of June. Uncle Steve went to the Vern. for the weekend and stopped by to see the kids on his way back home. It was so good to see him. Emma was being her normal self when someone stops by for a short time. She likes to admire you from afar.

Unless daddy is holding her

Emmalee giving daddy raspberries.

Brayden practicing. He chases it around a room until he finally can grab it. I love to see his persistence with it, and not to mention the break I get. I even get to go to the bath room with out hearing slap slap of his hands and then his little head peek through the door. All you mom's know what I am talking about.
Brayden and his teeth. He has had two on the bottom for a while. When we got back from Fl. we realized he had two more break the skin, now he has three more on top that have broken the skin. I have to say that I hate that he is in pain, but I am so glad that he won't be going around with just one tooth on top for long. Here is a picture of his teeth and Emma wanted one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment